Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Things I am loving lately...

There are many things that I am grateful for (e.g., family, education, friends, health, baseball, shelter, etc) but I thought I would take a different route this year and record the things that I am really loving lately. Here they are:
  • Jenny Oaks Baker- She is amazing!! Kim and I had the opportunity to see her perform at BYU-I and I was completely blown away. She has been given such an incredible gift. I have ordered her O Holy Night album and... WOW!! If you are looking for a great Christmas CD, you will not be disappointed in this one.

  • The cool Idaho weather- It has been chilly in the mornings, but the afternoons are so beautiful. I truly love this time of year and the crisp feel that is in the air. I went into Target today and couldn't help but feel excited for Thanksgiving and the Christmas holiday. What a neat time of year. Here are some pictures of our fall "projects". FYI- racking leaves with a two-year old is not the most productive project!!





  • Windows Movie Maker- My sister turns 40 tomorrow and my nephew 17. I had to take advantage of my sister's old age; therefore, I put together a movie of her throughout the years. It was so easy to do and turned out so good!! Happy Birthday Lori and Austin.


  • My husband having the whole week off of school! It is so fun to hang out and to work on some never ending projects. Kim put up our outdoor Christmas lights yesterday!! We love to turn off the inside lights and gather around the window and stare at the lights. It is so magical!! Jason loves looking at the lights and has asked several times today to turn the Christmas lights on.
  • Black Friday shopping! Can shopping really get any better than this?? I am SO excited. I love just going and hanging out with my sister, mom, sister-in-law, her sister, and my aunts. What a fun time it is!!
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! What a special time of year. We all have so much to be grateful for. Although some may have more than others, I think if we dig deep enough inside ourselves we can find much to thank our God and Creator for. How grateful I am to be spending this time of year with those who I love the most!!

3 comments:

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

you really are gushing w/thankfulness and joy and love.. it is really sweet and wonderful and i love it! i am so glad things are so great for you guys and we all have so much "to be thankful for". I know it is such a cliche thing to say at this time of year but it just couldn't be more true! ps when did you say you are coming to california to visit me??

codyandchandra said...

So cute! Your pictures are darling. Jason is the cutest kid ever! Can't wait to see you guys right after Christmas! Love ya!

Kelly said...

Did you get anything good on black friday? Jason's hat is sweet!