Don't mind the cords hanging down...we have a shelf we are going to put up behind the TV, which will store the DVD player, the Wii and hide all the cords. Last night Glenn Beck was signing books at our local Barnes and Noble bookstore. Kim and I took advantage of this opportunity to meet Glenn. Kim has been a avid listener for about 6 years now and got me hooked about 4 years ago. Every time we were in the car between the hours of 3-6pm we would turn the radio to AM 590 and tune it to Glenn. I have always agreed with much of what Glenn says, although I must say there have been a few times when I have disagreed and he has disappointed me. But through it all, I enjoy listening to him. I believe that he has a good heart and is a great man. He proved this to be true. He seemed very genuine and sweet. Every old lady that came through the line he would grasp her hand, look her in the eyes and say, "Hello" or "Thank you". It was sweet to watch.
Before he started signing books, he talked to the crowd of about 700 via the PA system at B&N. He said that we must all face our weaknesses (or storm as he called it) head on and be who we are. The "bad side" is too strong and powerful for us to be weak. We each need to be who we are and everybody is needed. Not bad advise if you ask me.
He even gave a shout out for Idaho. He said, "I have been to a lot of cities. I have been to some nice cities and some not so nice cities. Out of all the cities I have been to, Idaho by far has been the great cities I have visited."
Kim was able to shake his hand and I had about a 10 second conversation with him. He is one person I would really like to sit down with and have a deep intellectual conversation with.
Here are some pictures from our encounters.
See how sweet he is! I was so impressed because he never looked at the book he was signing, he looked directly at the person.
Kim only has two more days of test and then we are free for three and a half weeks!! Hopefully we can get some snow and be able to enjoy this time of year!! I have several more things to share but I am getting grunts and sighs from Kim. So I guess that is my cue that I have reached my limit (it is 11:46pm and Kim is trying to sleep while I am busying typing on the laptop in bed. You don't mess with Kim and his sleep.) So until next time...





1 comment:
tanys, just a little Info, i found Julie Kendricks blog the other day, and the link is on the side of mine if you want to access it. I left a commment but she has not yet responded. By I love glenn beck although lately i have tuned him out because i am fed up with politics.
Post a Comment