Wednesday, May 21, 2008

An Insipring Story

I stumbled upon an inspiring book today at Borders. It is titled The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. It is an great story about a professor who is diagnosed with terminal cancer and gives his last lecture. It is full of inspiring ideals, which are really causing me re-think my "way" of life. One thought that the author shares that really hit me is, "brick walls are placed in our path for a reason. They give us a chance to show how badly we want something." As I contemplated this, I realized that sometimes in my life I start to climb the brick wall, while at other times I simply turn my back and walk away. I guess it really does come down to how badly we want something. If we want it bad enough, we will do whatever it takes to climb the brick wall...regardless of how endless it may seem. I guess all in all, the book just makes me want to be a better person and live each day to its fullest. If you are up for a short-inspiring read, you should check this book out.




Here are some pictures of Jason from this past week. We spent Sunday morning out "in the yard" playing kickball. Notice the lanyard holding the keys around Jason's neck. They have become his "can't leave without accessory".


We went to the mall Tuesday night to escape the blazing heat and rode the merry-go-round. Jason loved it! He giggled the whole time and did not want to get off when the ride was over.

The heat has been...well, HOT. It was 110 degrees on Monday and 108 on Tuesday. Today was a little cooler, hitting only 98. It is a heat that I have never felt before but, I must say that I much prefer to walk out into an oven than walk out into a freezer. Sorry for the metaphors, I don't know how else to describe it!!

We are heading to St. George tomorrow afternoon for the Memorial Weekend. Our plans are to hang out with family, do some hiking in Zions National Park, and the guys are going golfing. It should be a nice relaxing weekend. I hope you all have a great holiday weekend! Until next week...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Zions is so fun! I am jealous you guys are going. And I totally agree with you about the freezer/oven analogy. Idaho winters are the worst!