Thursday, January 7, 2010

December in Review

Where has the time gone? November and December flew by and Christmas came and went. Jason and I spent two weeks in November visiting my friend Kasey who had a set of twins. We had a great time. The weather was divine and it was a good break from the day to day routine, although we were both ready to come home and get back to the routine. When we got home Kim had bought Jason a small white Christmas tree and he LOVED it! In fact when people asked Jason what he wanted for Christmas he would say, "A Christmas tree"!

December was filled with parties, graduation, family, friends, and more parties. Kim and I attended two ugly sweater parties. Although, I am ashamed to say that we only dressed up for one of them. I was a little unprepared for the first party and I ran out of time and energy so we went as our normal selves, which shocked many because usually we are the ones promoting costumes.

Here are a few pics from our ugly sweater party that we did dress up for.








December 19th Kim graduated from BYU-Idaho. It was an amazing spiritual and emotional experience. Elder Richard G. Scott spoke at both the commencement and the convocation. What a great opportunity it was to hear from him twice!! I am proud of Kim!! It has been a long, rough, and sometimes emotional ride but he stuck it out and made it through!! It is no small task to attend college, work part-time to full-time, raise a family, serve in the church, take time for hobbies, house projects, care for the yard and garden, etc. meanwhile maintaining sanity and not wanting to throw in the towel.

I am grateful for the challenge of attending school and raising a family. It has a had a great impact upon Jason. Even though he may not comprehend the full scale of the importance of education, he does understand that education is something we should all do.









Christmas day was crazy and fun. Jason enjoyed unwrapping his gifts. He didn't really understand the Santa Claus concept, which is fine with us. All in due time!! We got a camcorder for Christmas so I used that instead of taking pics with my point and shoot. So we will end with these pics. So cute!!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats Kim on graduating! What a fun month you guys had. I LOVE the sweaters too!

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

Way to go Kim!! Hope all is well.... <3, Liz

Riz said...

I'm laughing so hard about the ugly sweater party. I love the idea...am have made note to remember for another year. We had a "As seen on TV" Christmas party. Everyone had to bring one of those lame/funny gifts that we all see on TV. It was fun as well! Julie