Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Watching our Garden Grow

Back in April we planted our garden. We knew it was a little early but we figured the hardy seeds would be fine and were we right!! Our garden is blooming!! I can't wait to eat all the yummy veggies from our garden. We planted peas, lettuce, carrots, green onions, red onions, white onions, red potatoes, green peppers, tomatoes, and pumpkins. (I can't find my pictures of our garden...it is late and I am tired. Maybe I will get around to posting them tomorrow.)

We added another pet to our family...a fish. I have to be honest, I hate pet fish but Kim insisted on getting one and he thought it would be fun for Jason. As always, he was right. Jason named the fish Gravel and he loves it. Everyday he climbs up on his chair and folds his arms placing them on the counter and talks to Gravel.




We headed to St. George for the Memorial Day weekend and enjoyed our vacation thoroughly. We hit some garage sales, went swimming, went golfing, did some shopping, ate great food, and went to Zions National Park. Jason had a blast playing with his cousins.



We are enjoying summer and the Idaho weather so much! We have spent time out on Grandpa and Grandma's farm visiting the chickens, bunnies, kitties, dogs, horses and the new pony. We have also made several trips to the library, gone on numerous walks, gone fishing with dad, and nourished our relationship with some of our greatest friends (Bubba, Sara, Lola, Kasey, and Aiden).




5 comments:

Belnap Family said...

Great pictures. Looks like you are staying very busy and having fun!! One of the times you are in IF, you, me and Kelly should all get together and do something fun!!!

Live Out Loud said...

Yea for Gravel...we love our fish. You gotta admit for the joy that kids get out of them and for their low maintainance, fish are a pretty ideal pet. Lola loves him the most and tells him so several times a day. She likes to wave at him and asked me yesterday why Flowmar did not wave back. It was cute. Take care guys.

Kelly said...

I second Kimberly's idea. That would be a ton of fun!

I agree with you on fish. Not my favorite, but it looks like Jason LOVES it so that's all that really matters right?!?

Live Out Loud said...

Where did you guys go???? What is going on in your lives? Are you harvesting yet? Is Tanys back east helping with the twins? We want an update.....

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

yeah we want an update... some people don't even know if you are all alive and well.. =)