Friday, November 7, 2008

7 Random or Wierd Facts About Myself

I was tagged by Courtney and have been putting off answering this tag. I become some what insecure when I have to open up to people and let them "in" (Liz, I know you can testify to this!!). I guess it is because I fear that they will think I am "different" once they know the real me; however, I am not sure why I am this way. Nonetheless, here are my seven facts....and please still be my friend after reading this post!! JK
1- I hate chewing gum. It really turns my stomach. I hate the smell, the taste, the texture. I hate seeing people play with it or chew it. And most of all, I hate it when people sit it on their plate or glass while they eat...and then put it back in their mouth!! There has been a couple times when I have actually gagged because it was so disgusting to me! So needless to say, my husband has to chew gum when I am not around. Sorry babe!
2- I always wanted to be a CEO when I grew up. I didn't care what corporation it was for, I just wanted to run and manage a major business. Isn't it funny how life takes you down different paths than you would have expected!!
3- I love surprises! I love them so much that I did not find out what sex Jason was when I was pregnant with him. Kim has a hard time keeping surprises and so this creates a challenge sometimes!!
4- I am not the most organized person in the world. I felt like I was extremely organized before I had Jason, but the whole birth and postpartum thing really did me in! I have finally come to grips that I will probably never be "that" organized again and that is OK.
5- When I was on my mission, I thought it would be so neat to have a set of twins. However, now that I have one child I think that I was absolutely out of my mind on my mission! What in the world was I thinking? No offense Jen!! I think twins are the cutest thing, but I don't think I personally could handle it.
6-I have a terrible habit of reading several books at one time, and then not finishing the whole book. I love reading; however, I am an all or nothing type of person. I want to set down and read the entire book at once. If I can't do that, and I NEVER can, I find myself losing interest in the book quickly because there are so many other things I think I could be doing instead of reading; therefore, if the book does not "have" me within the first little bit...then it is out the door.
7- I much prefer to live in the city than the country, which is completely opposite of my husband. So far I have persuaded him to see the "light" but we will see how long it lasts!!

So there you have it!

3 comments:

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

ha ha. people's silly idiosyncracies just make their good friends love them more.. o it worked! Glad to know about the gum thing cuz my husband is the worst about putting his gum on his plate during dinner.. i think it is disgusting and now I have a 2nd opinion that just might convince him!!!

Erin said...

Hey, its Erin. How are you guys doing? I found you through Hollys blog. Isn't the blogging world fun. I will be excited to keep in touch with you guys!!

Holly said...

I just wanted to tell you thank you for the sweet comment that you left on my blog. It makes my day to know that in some little way we all make a difference in this big world. :) Hope you don't mind if I stop back in. You have a darling family! I can also relate to alot of your quirks. :) Funny!